This year Chatham Towing and Portable Storage have teamed up to enter a float in the Downtown Chatham Santa Claus Parade to gather non-perishable food for Chatham Goodfellows. Chatham Towing and Portable Storage employees will be pushing shopping carts provided by Food Basics along the parade route to collect the non-perishable food. Chatham Goodfellows invite everyone to watch the parade this year and if able, provide a donation of a non-perishable food item to the Chatham Towing and Portable Storage employees.
The parade route is south over the Lacroix Street Bridge, left turn onto King Street West, through Downtown Chatham, ending at the Wish Centre. The Chatham Towing and Portable Storage employees will be walking along the parade route next to the curb. Citizens attending the parade are urged to always be safety conscious, don’t venture onto the roadway, stay on the sidewalk, and wait for the shopping cart to come to you to donate their non-perishable food item.
An official presentation of the non-perishable food items will be made to Chatham Goodfellows on Monday December 21, 2016 1 pm at Chatham Chatham Towing, 1045 Richmond Street, Chatham.
Chatham Goodfellows Key Dates:
- November 7, 2016 Chatham Goodfellows office at the Spirit and Life Centre Wellington Street West Chatham – Monday – Friday 9 am and 3 pm at 354-1146.
- December 2, 2016 last day for applications
- December 5, 2016 Porchlight at Spirit and Life Centre.
- December 12 to December 15 Toy Packing 6pm to 8pm at 280 Grand Avenue East ( Old Sunnen//Guspro Building).
- December 16 – December 17 Street Sales.
- December 20 Toy Deliveries at 5:30 pm at 280 Grand Avenue East ( Old Sunnen//Guspro Building).
- December 21 Food packing/delivery at Spirit and Life Centre (St. Joseph Auditorium) packing begins at 8 am and deliveries after 12 noon.