This year Chatham Towing and Portable Storage teamed up to enter a float in the Downtown Chatham Santa Claus Parade to gather non-perishable food for Chatham Goodfellows. Chatham Towing and Portable Storage employees pushed shopping carts provided by Food Basics along the parade route to collect the non-perishable food. In addition to the food collected Friday evening, other local business donated money and food to make their food drive extremely successful. Several thousand dollars of non-perishable food and cash was donated to Chatham Goodfellows on Monday afternoon.
Photograph L-R Sitting in front Heather Erickson (Portable Signs)
Second Row L – R – Jason Verkaik (Chatham Towing), Tim Haskell (Chatham Goodfellows), John Verkaik (Chatham Towing), Rose Peseski (Chatham Goodfellows), Bonnie Regnier (Chatham Goodfellows), Mitchell Erickson (Portable Signs), Manuek Pardal (Chatham Towing) and Brad Erickson (Portable Signs)
Third Row L – R – Matt LeClair (Chatham Towing) , Scott Williston (Chatham Goodfellows and Trevor Girard (Chatham Towing).
Chatham Goodfellows is grateful for the outstanding donation from Chatham Towing and Staff, Portable Storage, Zimmer Signworks, McAlister Courier, Viltech Trailers, Jack’ s Used Cars, Jack Desforge, Storey’s Auto Place, Sonya Roe Jewellers, Marquee Manufacturing, QPS Mechanical, Cozy Corners Restaurant, Custom Tree Service, Elaine and Jeff at Food Basics, Cl Benningers, and Crazy Carpet Centre.
Chatham Goodfellows Key Dates:
- November 7, 2016 Chatham Goodfellows office at the Spirit and Life Centre Wellington Street West Chatham – Monday – Friday 9 am and 3 pm at 354-1146.
- December 2, 2016 last day for applications
- December 5, 2016 Porchlight at Spirit and Life Centre.
- December 12 to December 15 Toy Packing 6pm to 8pm at 280 Grand Avenue East ( Old Sunnen//Guspro Building).
- December 16 – December 17 Street Sales.
- December 20 Toy Deliveries at 5:30 pm at 280 Grand Avenue East ( Old Sunnen//Guspro Building).
- December 21 Food packing/delivery at Spirit and Life Centre (St. Joseph Auditorium) packing begins at 8 am and deliveries after 12 noon.