In the Photograph right to left Heather Erickson of Portable Storage and Jason Verkaik of Chatham Towing explain to Tim Haskell, President of Chatham Goodfellows the changes they are making to their “Gingerbread Float” for the 2017 Historical Downtown Chatham – BIA Christmas Parade.
In 2016 the staff of Chatham Towing and Portable Storage collected toys, non-perishable food and cash for Chatham Goodfellows during the Downtown Chatham – Christmas Parade. The Chatham Towing/Portable Storage float won first place in the parade. Chatham Towing and Portable Storage and the staff along with their partners, Zimmer Signworks, McAlister Courier, Viltech Trailers, Jack’ s Used Cars, Jack Desforge, Storey’s Auto Place, Sonya Roe Jewellers, Marquee Manufacturing, QPS Mechanical, Cozy Corners Restaurant, Custom Tree Service, Elaine and Jeff at Food Basics, Cl Benningers, and Crazy Carpet Centre donated several thousand dollars in toys, non-perishable food and cash along with the $1,000.00 first place prize for winning the best float in the 2016 Historical Downtown Chatham – BIA Christmas Parade to the 2016 Chatham Goodfellows Christmas campaign.
Heather Erickson of Portable Storage explained that her company and their partners are small businesses in Chatham-Kent who are grateful for the support they receive in Chatham-Kent from all of the citizens and in turn recognizes the importance of supporting other local businesses. Heather is welcoming two additional partners for the 2017 campaign, Pie-Zano’s Authentic Italian Pizza, and Dig’R Wright Excavating Inc.. .
The Parade will start at 6:30 pm as there will be a Santa Run from 5:30 pm until 6:30 pm ahead of the parade. Come out early to see the run! The parade will head over Third Street Bridge, left onto King St. West and travel all the way down to the Wish Centre. Santa will be at the Wish Centre after the parade for a short visit with the children.
Other Key Chatham Goodfellow dates:
- Merlin Legion dinner December 2, 2017. The Merlin Legion and Chatham Goodfellows are longtime partners.
- Porchlight is on Monday, December 4, 2017 at Spirit and Life Centre.
- Toy Packing 6pm to 8pm December 11 to December 14, 2017 at 463 St. Clair Street (the former Fabricland building next to Dimitar’s). Delivery date is Tuesday, December 18, after 5:30.
- Street Sales are being conducted on Friday, December 15 and Saturday, December 16.
- Food packing is at Spirit and Life Centre (St. Joseph Site), packing/delivery on Tuesday December 19 – packing beginning at 8am – deliveries beginning at 12 noon.
Tim Mifflin, Director