Chatham Goodfellows was in full swing this past week. The Board of Directors are grateful for all of the community support in Chatham-Kent from businesses, organizations and citizens to fulfill one simple goal, “No Child Without a Christmas”. This year, as in past years the response is overwhelming. Here are a few of the many events from this past week.
Photograph 1 – On Tuesday, Chatham Goodfellows Directors Jessica Osbourne and Kevin Shaw conclude the 12 hour Blackburn Radio “Santa’s Day Off” event at the Real Canadian SuperStore. Well over $5,000.00 in toys were collected along with $960.00 in cash.
Photograph 2 – On Monday our annual porchlight raised $43,900.00 canvassers including students and staff from Ecole secondaire catholique de Pain Court collected over 100 boxes or food and 70 boxes of toys.
Photograph 3 – On Wednesday long-time supporter of Chatham Goodfellows, Paul Card of Battery Boy donates batteries to Director Rose Peseski.
Photograph 4 – On Thursday the ICU/PCU staff of Chatham-Kent Health Alliance donated boxes of toys to Chatham Goodfellows. In the front row of the photograph Tristen Robichaud, Nicole Leclerc and Eric Warren present the toys to Jessica Osbourne and Kevin Shaw.
Photograph 5 – On Friday Tim Haskell received a large quantity of toys at $500.00 from the employees of YA Canada L-R, Tim Haskell, Evelyn Quigley, Katy Male, Jaime Griffin, Tina Baeyens and Chris St. Pierre.
Photograph 6 – On Thursday former President Award recipients, Boston Pizza employees pooled their tips and purchased well over $2,000.00 in toys for Chatham Goodfellows. In the photograph Chantel Muloin, Vickie George and Mary Frances Kluta presents Tim Haskell with the toys.
More information is available on the Chatham Goodfellows website chathamgoodfellows.ca or Chatham Goodfellows on facebook.
– Goodfellows office at the Spirit and Life Centre Wellington Street West Chatham is open November 5th; Monday – Friday; 9am to 3pm at 354-1146.
– Last day for names, December 6, 2019.
– Toy Packing 6pm to 8pm December 9 to December 12, 2019 at 70 Leeson Drive Chatham (Behind Honda House).
– Delivery date is Tuesday, December 17, after 5:30.
– Street Sales are being conducted on Friday, December 13 and Saturday, December 14.
– Food packing is at Spirit and Life Centre (formerly St. Joseph’s Auditorium), packing/delivery on Wednesday December 18 – packing beginning at 8am – deliveries beginning at 11:30 am.